HR Coordinator Job Description
An HR Coordinator is an entry-level job role that reports to an HR Director or HR Manager. HR Coordinators are responsible for administrative tasks revolving around recruiting, hiring, and all manner of clerical HR tasks.
An HR Coordinator performs tasks such as managing employee records, conducting employee orientation, searching for the best candidates, resolving workplace issues, and responding to employee inquiries. They can also be assigned to handle payroll, benefits, and compensation.
The position of an HR Coordinator requires less training than that of an HR Specialist, and it’s a great role for gaining experience to move up in the HR department.
What Does an HR Coordinator Generally Do?
The range of tasks that an HR Coordinator performs depends on the size and structure of the company and its HR department. Some of the most common responsibilities of an HR Coordinator are:
- Performing administrative tasks
- Recruiting and onboarding employees
- Assisting in performance management
- Generating reports
- Handling employee benefits
- Reporting to the HR Director
Performing Administrative Tasks
An HR Coordinator assists the HR department with a variety of administrative tasks. This includes handling payroll administration, scheduling events and interviews, and answering HR-related inquiries and requests. HR Coordinators also maintain and update employee records and take part in exit interviews.
Recruiting and Onboarding Employees
HR Coordinators work alongside other crucial roles within the HR Department when it comes to recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new employees. An HR Coordinator assists with the screening and selection of candidates and takes part in the interview process. They help prepare contracts and update the HR database.
An HR Coordinator is also responsible for the pre-boarding and onboarding process. They stay in contact with the candidates after the interview to answer any questions they have and provide them with relevant materials.
Assisting in Performance Management
When it comes to performance management, it’s the responsibility of an HR Coordinator to organize and prepare the necessary materials for the performance review. They assist higher-ranking roles, such as HR Directors and Managers, with the performance management procedures.
One of the most important responsibilities of an HR Coordinator is to help improve the processes within the HR Department. They do this by conducting research and data analysis and generating reports on overall HR activities.
HR Coordinators evaluate different HR procedures, such as payroll, benefits, and learning and development, and provide suggestions on how they can be improved.
Handling Employee Benefits
An HR Coordinator is the point of contact between employees and the HR department regarding any inquiries and problems related to benefits. It’s the job of an HR Coordinator to reconcile benefits statements, manage employee health and welfare plans, and act as an advocate between the staff and insurance providers.
Reporting to the HR Director
HR Coordinators work closely with and report all HR endeavors to HR Directors. They support the HR Director in developing and implementing policies and procedures across the entire company.
HR Coordinator Salary
The average annual salary of an HR Coordinator in the U.S. is $49,500.
Based on factors such as education, experience, and the company they work for, an HR Coordinator earns from $45,000 to $57,000 on average.
What Is the HR Coordinator Pay Difference by Location?
Here’s what an HR Coordinator makes per year on average in some of the most prominent cities in the United States:
|San Francisco, CA||$62,075|
|New York, NY||$59,741|
What Is the HR Coordinator Pay Difference by Experience?
Based on their level of experience, let’s take a look at the average annual salary of an HR Coordinator:
|Years of Experience||Average Annual Salary|
Human Resources Coordinator Job Description Template
[Company Name] is looking for a diligent HR Coordinator to assist our HR department with various administrative tasks. You will be responsible for keeping track of employee records and supporting our HR Directors during the recruitment and hiring processes. You will also handle payroll and employee benefits, organize performance reviews, and generate reports on overall HR activities.
The ideal candidate for this position is a skillful problem solver with excellent organizational and time management skills. You need to be proficient in performing administrative tasks and be able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment. We also expect you to have an extensive understanding of employee relations and staff management.
HR Coordinator Responsibilities
- Handle internal and external HR-related requests and questions
- Maintain a database of employee records
- Take part in the recruitment and hiring processes by identifying top candidates and assisting other HR roles during interviews
- Handle payroll and employee benefits
- Produce reports on the general HR activity
- Organize and prepare materials for performance reviews
- Schedule HR-related events
- Coordinate seminars and training
- Assist employees during the onboarding process
- Report to the HR Director
HR Coordinator Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or another relevant field
- Strong administrative and managerial skills
- Thorough understanding of payroll practices and employee benefits
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Remarkable interpersonal, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Extensive understanding of HR functions
- Outstanding ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Vast knowledge of employment regulations
- Solid experience using HR databases
- Great attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multitask
Hiring Resources for Ambitious Companies
- Looking for a centralized platform for your HR department’s activities? Check out the best HR software
- Collect the data necessary for making critical business decisions using top HR analytics software
- Need to manage your employee documentation more efficiently? Streamline the process with employee record software
- Make sure that each employee gets paid exactly what they deserve using the best commission-based payroll software
- Provide your top-performing team members with an incentive to help you attract more qualified workers using employee referral software
- Need to ensure that your team is performing all of its duties? Track each worker’s performance using employee monitoring software
- Got a job vacancy that needs to be filled as soon as possible? Screen job applications efficiently using an applicant tracking system
- Are your new hires having trouble settling in? Help them reach peak performance using the best onboarding software