HR Representative Job Description
The job of an HR Representative is to handle various issues that potential, current, and former employees of a company might have. They provide guidance regarding the organization’s policies and processes. An HR Representative assists the HR department with hiring, training, and administration and makes sure that every action is in line with state, local, and federal employment laws.
HR Representatives perform a variety of administrative tasks and assist higher-ranking roles in the department in establishing operational decisions.
What Does an HR Representative Generally Do?
The responsibilities of an HR Representative are generally related to the process of hiring and managing new employees. They also perform a variety of administrative tasks. Some of the most common duties of an HR Representative are:
- Recruiting and hiring employees
- Taking part in the hiring process
- Informing the staff about job details
- Performing HR administrative tasks
One of the most common duties of an HR Representative is to attract top talent for a company. They perform targeted recruiting, which means that they look for candidates that have specific skills or experience the organization is looking for. HR Representatives often take part in job fairs or visit college campuses where they present the company to potential employees.
Overseeing the Hiring Process
An HR Representative oversees the process of hiring new staff members. They craft job descriptions for the positions that the company needs to fill and post them to various platforms, such as job boards and social media channels. When they receive job applications, their task is to screen them, perform background checks, and check the applicants’ references.
HR Representatives also assist managers during the interview process. Depending on the organization of the panel, they can be assigned to assist other HR roles or ask some of the questions themselves. They provide the candidates with a follow-up, answering any additional inquiries they might have about the job and the company.
Informing the Staff About Job Details
It’s an HR Representative’s responsibility to make sure that the employees are properly informed about their job roles. They often work alongside managers and make sure that the workers are made aware of their duties, working hours, etc.
By holding orientation sessions and one-on-one meetings, HR Representatives provide the staff with information on benefits and compensation. They also remind employees about what’s expected of them in the workplace, including behavior and appearance.
Performing HR Administrative Tasks
HR Representatives commonly perform administrative duties for the HR department. This includes keeping records on employees, active vacancies, and job applications. An HR Representative also maintains a company’s human resource policies and programs. They are responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
HR Representative Salary
In the United States, the average annual salary of an HR Representative is $57,500.
Based on factors such as their skill set, education, and the company they work for, an HR Representative earns between $51,000 and $65,000 on average.
What Is the HR Representative Pay Difference by Location?
Here’s the average annual salary of an HR Representative in some of the most prominent U.S. cities:
|San Francisco, CA||$72,090|
|New York, NY||$69,390|
What Is the HR Representative Pay Difference by Experience?
Let’s take a look at an HR Representative’s average annual salary based on their experience level:
|Years of Experience||Average Annual Salary|
HR Rep Job Description Template
[Company Name] is looking for a talented HR Representative to assist our human resources department with recruiting and hiring employees. We’re looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills to guide our new employees through the company’s policies, processes, and work requirements.
Working at [Company], you will perform different administrative tasks—from keeping employee records to maintaining the company’s HR policies and programs. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the HR department’s activities are in line with government regulations.
The perfect candidate needs to have close attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
HR Representative Responsibilities
- Take part in recruitment events by talking to potential candidates and sharing promotional materials
- Post job ads to relevant platforms, screen applicants, and participate in interviews
- Provide new employees with details about their job responsibilities
- Hold orientation sessions and individual meetings
- Answer the staff’s inquiries about benefits and compensation
- Create and maintain records on employees, active vacancies, and job applications
- Assist with audits and compliance reviews
- Maintain the department’s policies and programs
HR Representative Requirements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or another relevant field
- Previous experience working in the HR department
- Extensive knowledge of human resource laws and regulations
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Solid experience with HR tools
- Previous experience with interview processes
Hiring Resources for Ambitious Companies
- Need an efficient solution for tracking your company’s performance? Ensure your staff is accountable using the best employee monitoring software
- Looking for a way to streamline most of your HR-related activities? Check out the best HR software solutions that successful companies use
- Searching for senior leaders to help you run your team? Attract top talent with executive recruiting software
- Base your decisions on concrete data instead of guesswork. Use top HR analytics software solutions
- Want your best workers to help you grow your workforce? Make it easy for them with employee referral software
- Need to fill the job positions in your company as soon as possible? Check out the best sourcing tools for recruiters
- Want to build a strong and reliable workforce? Help your new hires settle in with top onboarding software
- Ensure that all your crucial files are in place using the best employee record software