Marketing Coordinator Job Description
The job of a Marketing Coordinator is to support the initiatives of a company’s marketing department by managing all of its marketing efforts. They commonly work with a Marketing Director to identify and delegate crucial tasks that help the company reach its established marketing goals. This includes defining, organizing, overseeing the execution, and tracking the performance of key marketing activities that boost brand awareness and drive sales.
Depending on the size of the company and the structure of the marketing department, a Marketing Coordinator can be responsible for a range of different tasks. Some of the most common responsibilities of a Marketing Coordinator are:
- Handling marketing logistics
- Performing competitor research
- Managing email marketing campaigns
- Ensuring brand consistency
As a role that is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of marketing strategies, a Marketing Coordinator handles all marketing-related logistics. This involves determining the specifics of each marketing campaign, such as the timeframe, deliverables, and budget constraints.
If the company is launching a product, a Marketing Coordinator needs to develop an effective marketing campaign to support it. They also need to plan a proper launch event and establish crucial elements, such as key messages, marketing communications, and critical success factors.
A Marketing Coordinator needs to research the competition’s marketing activities and identify marketing trends that can help the company improve its business efforts. This includes assessing competitive products and retailers by evaluating factors such as pricing, advertising, and market share.
Marketing Coordinators also need to establish and maintain research databases based on the competitor information they collect.
A Marketing Coordinator is commonly assigned to build and manage mailing lists for email marketing campaigns. They identify the target audience and establish crucial factors such as the unique sales proposition (USP), triggers for sending emails, and the duration of the campaign.
Marketing Coordinators also establish solutions for customer retention, such as loyalty campaigns and feedback surveys.
Another task that a Marketing Coordinator performs is writing original copy for the company website, print advertisements, and social media channels.
Working alongside Copywriters and Graphic Designers, Marketing Coordinators are responsible for ensuring brand consistency across all marketing materials and channels. This includes developing and maintaining a brand voice and image effectively.
Based on the range of responsibilities they have in a company, a Marketing Coordinator usually works closely with roles such as:
|Roles Marketing Coordinators Collaborate With|
|Content Creator||Brand Manager||Graphic Designer|
|VP of Sales||Web Developer||Data Analyst|
|Product Manager||Creative Director||Copywriter|
A Marketing Coordinator’s average annual salary in the United States is $56,000.
In line with factors like skills, education, and experience, a Marketing Coordinator earns from $50,000 to $65,000.
Let’s take a look at how the salary of a Marketing Coordinator differs in some of the largest cities in the United States:
|New York, NY||$67,849|
|San Francisco, CA||$70,499|
Based on how many years of experience they have in the field, the average annual salary of a Marketing Coordinator is:
|Years of Experience||Average Annual Salary|
[Company Name] is looking for a Marketing Coordinator with excellent research and organizational skills. We need you to join our marketing department and coordinate the company’s marketing efforts, such as managing marketing campaigns and performing competitor research.
Working alongside our highly creative, result-oriented marketing team, you’ll be responsible for maintaining consistent branding across all of our marketing materials and communications. You will collaborate with our Copywriters, Content Designers, and other creative professionals to produce high-quality copy for our website, ads, email marketing campaigns, and other promotional material.
We’re looking for candidates with superb critical thinking and problem-solving skills that have plenty of experience managing teams and coordinating marketing efforts.
- Develop and incorporate effective marketing campaigns
- Perform customer surveys to boost the marketing campaigns’ performance
- Identify competitors and collect data to determine marketing trends that can help the company improve its business efforts
- Create mailing lists and manage email marketing campaign efforts
- Work with the creative and marketing departments to produce exceptional promotional content and maintain brand consistency across all channels
- Manage product launch events
- Handle the logistics for each marketing campaign by establishing timeframes, deliverables, and budget constraints and communicating them to other departments
- Set up tracking systems and assess the performance of each marketing campaign
- Generate forecasts on weekly, monthly, and annual bases
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers and Marketing Specialists to track the overall performance of marketing campaigns
- Ensure confidentiality of all sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or another relevant field
- Previous working experience as a Marketing Coordinator or a similar role
- Extensive understanding of email, digital, content, traditional, and social media marketing
- Solid experience in producing high-quality copy and content
- Excellent proficiency in using data analytics software and identifying marketing trends
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to coordinate a team of creative professionals
- Previous experience with creating and managing SEO and SEM campaigns
- Detail-oriented mindset and strong organizational skills
- Solid experience using Content Management Systems