Senior Recruiter Job Description
A Senior Recruiter’s main task is to find and attract qualified candidates and fill job vacancies for their organization or a company that hired them. They go through resumes and get in touch with individuals that meet the requirements for a particular job position.
The Senior Recruiter’s job is to interview candidates and review their work experience to determine whether they meet the company’s needs. Some of the aspects that they evaluate are punctuality, interview skills, and professional presence.
Aside from finding the right person for the job, a Senior Recruiter must also network and build a strong, trust-based relationship with potential candidates. The role also involves attending job fairs and other networking events, and a successful Senior Recruiter remains abreast of recruiting best practices and helps the organization they’re recruiting for implement them and streamline their hiring process.
Similar Job Titles:
What Does a Senior Recruiter Generally Do?
While a Senior Recruiter has the best interests of both the employer and the applicants in mind, the company is their client. Since the employer pays them, the Senior Recruiter’s primary goal is to find the best person that fits the company’s criteria for a particular position. In line with their priorities, a Senior Recruiter commonly performs tasks such as:
- Understanding the company’s hiring needs
- Finding talented individuals for job vacancies
- Overseeing the interview process
- Following up with the candidates
Understanding the Company’s Hiring Needs
To find the right candidate for a job position, a Senior Recruiter needs to have an extensive understanding of the company’s hiring needs. This includes having a grasp of the company’s mission and projected growth rate. By understanding both current and future hiring needs, a Senior Recruiter can discern which job roles should be prioritized.
The company can have broader and more specific hiring needs. It could be looking to recruit people for a variety of positions across different departments or building a team that consists of specific job roles.
Finding Talented Individuals for Job Vacancies
When a Senior Recruiter understands the company’s hiring goals, they can look for candidates that are fit for particular job positions. The Senior Recruiter’s task is to post job ads on the company’s website, social media profiles, and relevant job boards.
Upon receiving the applications, a Senior Recruiter must evaluate each applicant’s resume and portfolio, as well as do a detailed background check, to determine whether they might be suitable for the job.
After reaching out to the applicants, the Senior Recruiter needs to assess whether they fit the company’s hiring goals based on their skills, work experience, and professional career goals. If they are a good match for a particular job position, the Senior Recruiter will invite them to an interview.
Overseeing the Interview Process
A Senior Recruiter needs to plan and set up the interview. This task includes managing logistical details, determining the time that suits all parties, and preparing both the interviewers and applicants for the interview process.
Aside from coordinating the interview, the Senior Recruiter also needs to set up a system for gathering feedback. This enables them to see how well each candidate did and prepare a proper follow-up.
Following Up With the Candidates
After the interview and the assessment of each applicant, it is the Senior Recruiter’s job to follow up with the candidates by letting them know about the outcome and the status of their job application. The Senior Recruiter needs to inform the unsuccessful candidates that they didn’t pass the interview and extend job offers to those that have been deemed suitable for the role.
Roles a Senior Recruiter Typically Collaborates With
Let’s take a look at some of the roles within the company that a Senior Recruiter commonly works with:
|Roles Senior Recruiters Collaborate With|
|Chief Executive Officer||Data Analyst||HR and Administration Manager|
|Consultant||Senior HR Business Partner||Senior HR Specialist|
|HR Strategist||Director of Communications||Project Manager|
Senior Recruiter Salary
A Senior Recruiter’s average annual salary in the United States is $49,000.
Based on factors such as their skill set, experience, and the company that hired them, a Senior Recruiter earns from $35,000 to $76,000.
What Is the Senior Recruiter Pay Difference by Location?
Here’s the average salary of a Senior Recruiter in some of the most prominent cities across the United States:
|City||Average Annual Salary|
|San Francisco, CA||$71,667|
|New York, NY||$68,972|
What Is the Senior Recruiter Pay Difference by Experience?
Based on how many years of experience they have, the average annual salary of a Senior Recruiter is:
|Years of Experience||Average Annual Salary|
Senior Recruiter Job Description Template
[Company Name] is looking for a skilled Senior Recruiter to work with our hiring managers and understand the recruitment needs of our company. You will be responsible for managing the complete recruitment cycle for crucial roles across different departments within the company.
Your job will be to develop a recruitment strategy and produce job descriptions and specifications. You will source, recruit, and help us hire top talent that will support our company’s growth.
We are looking for a decision-maker with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You need to be able to recognize and attract the best candidates for particular job positions.
Senior Recruiter Responsibilities
- Develop and incorporate an effective recruitment strategy
- Produce and update job specifications and descriptions
- Arrange recruitment materials
- Post job ads on the company’s website, social media channels, and relevant job boards
- Evaluate resumes, cover letters, and job applications
- Perform interviews and evaluate the candidates’ skills, knowledge, and experience
- Follow up with successful candidates and update the company’s internal records
- Be a point of contact between the candidate and the company during the selection process
Senior Recruiter Requirements
- Previous experience in recruitment or human resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or another relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and communication skills
- Previous experience with conducting various types of interviews
- Extensive understanding of HR databases, applicant tracking systems, and candidate management systems
Hiring Resources for Ambitious Companies
- Scaling up your team for the first time? Streamline payroll with a 1099 payroll software
- Help new hires settle in their roles and reach pique performance faster with the best onboarding software
- Expecting a lot of candidates? Automate your hiring funnel with applicant tracking software
- Find top talent for your open positions quickly with the best sourcing tools for Senior Recruiters
- Keep a finger on the pulse of your business and hold every team member accountable with employee monitoring software